Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Christmas ATCs In A Handy Folder

Hello crafty friends!  It's Susan here to share an ATC project.  This time my ATCs come with a folder that could also double as gift card holder.


To start, I cut strips of linen tape to cover the folded edges and give them a clean look.  Originally I planned to color them brown with marker and ink, but decided paint was much faster.


There is linen hinge tape on the bottom and outer edge of the triangle pockets, and brown paint covering all edges.


I measured paper for the outside and used Mod Podge to attach it.


While that was setting up, I chose each side for the ATCs, along with a little layering.  Attach with Mod Podge or other medium.



If there's an excess paper overlap, a straight blade of any kind can clean it up


I sanded and inked the edges, then added the bits of layering elements.


Back to the folder, now.  To attach the jute string, I poked holes in the back and fit with wee eyelets.  It's one long piece of jute threaded in one hole and out the other.


Here I've used the mod podge to attach the inside papers and put a strip of thin two-sided tape on the pocket.


Once all the decorative papers were attached to both the folder and ATCs, I put a heavy object on it overnight to help give it permanent shape.








Thanks for visiting today!

Cheers,
Susan



Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Used
ATC Folder #C18C
Chunky ATC Blanks #C33O

Other Items Used
Simple Stories "12 Days of Christmas" paper
Linen Hinging Tape
Brown acrylic paint
Brown Tombow marker
Mod Podge
Scor-Tape
Assorted Stickles

No comments:

Post a Comment