Thursday, December 6, 2018

A Merry Christmas tag for a bag. . .


It's December and I'm wondering where the year went. It seems as if the summer drags along and then (BAM!) the holidays are here.

This year I'm creating a few Christmas tags to add to card fronts and gift bags. This one began life as a leftover piece of packaging. It is 8.5" wide X 5.5" tall so a good size for a large bag.


Using various shades of bronze and browns, I blended the colors together, concentrating the darkest browns on the edges.

Layering the background a bit more, I used Prima's Platinum Crackle Texture Paste and a harlequin stencil. I adore the way this Texture Paste crackles!



Found some music paper in my stash and darkened the edges with brown distress ink, curled the edges up a bit and adhere the torn music paper to the tag.

Next, I used a Lindy's Stamp Gang Moon Shadow Mist and lightly sprayed the tag. Loving the sheen of the Moon Shadow Mist!


I found this die cut in my stash. Not sure where it came from but had to use it:


The little people needed a bit of grounding so I cut a piece of tree bark.

To dress up the tag, I used two pieces from the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts collections:




Both pieces were treated the same way:
  1. Painted with Metalica Bronze
  2. Embossed with Copper Tinsel Embossing Powder


And the bag tag is complete:


Thanks for visiting today. Hope you get a chance to create a little something.

Happy December from Nancy-land!

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts for this project:


No comments:

Post a Comment