Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Use Your Time Wisely - ATC Shrine

Hello crafty friends!  It's Susan on the blog today, sharing a little of my time with you.  Heh.  Get it?  Time.  Ahem.

I've always felt a niggling irritation with myself when I hear "I'm sorry, I didn't have time" come out of my mouth.  "Really, Susan?  Why couldn't you make time", I ask myself.  Then I get distracted by something shiny and move on.

Then I found a perfect time quote from a Chinese philosopher and made a shrine for it.


I used the ATC Shrine - Time since the clock face door is perfect.  Inside are two Chunky ATC Blanks with time quotes that spoke to me.

First, coat everything with black gesso, then decide to paper the surfaces anyway.  As it turned out, gesso wasn't needed except on the shrine's front edges and the clock face door.


I glued the shrine sides and top to the back wall first, then measured out the inside paper.   Once that was fitted (along with the inside top), I inserted the door hinge notch into the top and glued the bottom piece on.  The bottom paper and outside papers were measured and added.


Paper layers for the ATC blanks are measured and cut, then added with mod podge.  One dry-ish, I sanded the edges down and decorated.







I hope you make time to check out the themed selection of ATC Shrines with doors!  Thanks for your visit today.

Cheers,
Susan


Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Used

ATC Shrine - Time #ED5N
Chunky ATC Blanks #C33O


Other Supplies Used
Bo Bunny "Timepiece" Paper
Liquitex black gesso
White craft glue
Liquitex black acrylic paint
Liquitex matte varnish
Dresden trim
cheesecloth
Stickles Diamond

No comments:

Post a Comment