Friday, November 16, 2018

Santa's Magic Key

Hello!! Jennalee here today with a bit of Christmas. I don't know about you but I am a true believer of Santa. And since I don't have a chimney magical key is needed. The ATC Shrine with Feet is the perfect size for displaying this bit of magic.







Begin by painting the inside of the ATC Shrine box black. 


Cut patterned paper to size and adhere to the inside of Shrine. Sand edges and blend with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. 


Prepare outside surface of Shrine by embossing a piece of watercolor paper using Tim Holtz's Lumber 3D Texture Fade folder. Paint embossed piece to resemble wood. Randomly spray with Distress Resist Spray. While the Resist Spray is still wet sprinkle with Distress Stickles and set aside to dry. The random effects of the Distress Resist Spray makes for the perfect snow. 


Assemble Shrine and adhere the snowy wood background to the outside. 

Die cut an oval and apply to the inside of Shrine using foam squares to add depth. Using greenery die cut from Holiday Greens thinlets begin building a background. Not pictured because I got too caught up in the fun - Die cut two more oval shapes and layer. Using foam squares adhere layered ovals on top of greenery. 


Grunge up a metal key using Mushroom Alchohol Ink. 


Apply Gold Alcohol Ink to a Story Stick and color in the word with Picket Fence Distress Crayon. 


Add a seam binding bow to the top of the key and tie on the Story Stick. Adhere to key onto layered oval. Add a Christmas Quote Chip to the bottom edge of the Shrine. 



I haven't started decorating quite yet but, I am looking forward to finding the perfect spot for my magic key Shrine. I'll be sure to leave it somewhere safe so Santa can easily find it to drop off all my goodies. I promise I've been good enough for lots of crafty presents!! 

Happy Creating ~ Jennalee 

No comments:

Post a Comment