Sunday, November 4, 2018

Ice Skate Christmas Greeting Card

Hello there friends and GSL peeps! Ginny here dropping in to share a very festive and fun Christmas greeting card with some of my favorite holiday chippies.
Oh how I love plaids for Christmas! I've created a dimensional frame for my altered chipboard using an oval die to cut out the center to the paper then added it with spacers for just the perfect showcase for the ice skate.

This hand made by me poinsettia looks picture perfect when layered with the chipboard snowflakes, die cut leaves, and loopy bows of burlap string.

Petal corners brightens up the dark plaid and add extra texture. Last but not least is a poofy bow topped with jingle bells as a metal skate charm.

I wiped down the ice skate chippie to prepare it for finishing then gave the top section a coat of flat white acrylic paint. After drying I used some Distress ink in a Pumice Stone shade to distress the areas on the skate where it would be shadowed from the contours of the foot and ankle. Next I added some antique silver metallic paint to cover the blade. Using a Pitt Pen I added black to the heel and shoe base. Using a thick stick pen I added holes then strung metallic thread through for lacing.

Please enjoy this video tutorial on how I created the card...


Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts~Snowflake Shape Set, Petal Corners, Winter Shape Set...coming soon.

Wishing everyone a happy and productive day : ) G

No comments:

Post a Comment