Sunday, November 25, 2018

Christmas Artist Trading Coins

Hi everyone!  Leigh Ann here today with a set of three artist trading coins.   I've had these coins by Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts at the front of my "to-do" basket for a bit now.  I love how thick and sturdy these coins are.  They will hold up to the messiest of mixed media products.  
  

 Aside from just wanting to use these coins, my inspiration was this set of glitter Christmas stickers and pastel Christmas paper.  I love pastels for Christmas, but usually don't have a place for them in my regular scrapbooking. Keep reading for a step by step tutorial on how I made these. 




My first step was to color the edges of the coins with white Distress Stain.  I wanted them to be white, but not too perfect.  The stain worked out great.  Once the stain was dry, I added Christmas paper to the fronts with liquid adhesive, cut them to size, and sanded the edges.



I then added some gold splatters with a Heidi Swapp spray, and also rubbed some more Distress Stain around the edges of the paper to help then blend. 



My next step was to use collage medium to adhere the paper dolls.  When they were dry, I added the gold glitter stickers.  My last step was to add some holiday word stickers to each coin.  These were all from an older Simple Stories Christmas collection.





I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial.  Follow this link to find the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Artist Trading Coins that I used:  Artist Trading Coins

No comments:

Post a Comment