Sunday, November 11, 2018

A Christmas Wish

Hi everyone!  Leigh Ann here on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts blog with my latest creation.  This is the clipboard from Gypsy Soul decorated with several other chipboard pieces, which I have titled "A Christmas Wish."





My first step was to cover the base of the clipboard with wood print paper from Simple Stories and then ink the edges with Distress Ink in Gathered Twigs.  I dry brushed the "clip" portion with white acrylic paint and then distressed it with the Gathered Twigs Ink as well.





Next I colored the smallest tree from the Pine Tree Shape Set with Distress Inks in Evergreen Bough and Iced Spruce.  I then used some craft glue and flocking powder to add a snowy effect.




Next, I took the smallest window from the 4 Panel Window set and dry brushed it with acrylic paint and then distressed it with Gathered Twigs ink as well.  I cut a piece of paper from the Simple Stories Simple Vintage Christmas collection to look as if Santa is peaking through the window.  I adhered it to the back of the window with glossy accents and then added flocking to look like there is snow in the window sill. 




I started to place these finished items on the clip board and decided I needed to add something to the left side for decoration.  I colored the street lamp from the Christmas Shapes set with Black Soot Distress Ink.  I colored the light bulb with a gold pen.  I also took the wreath from that set and cut small pieces of evergreen garland and glued them to the wreath to make it look like a real wreath.  I colored the bow with red paint and distressed it before attaching it to the wreath.  Then I attached the wreath to the street lamp. 






For finishing touches, I crinkled a piece of ribbon and tied it and a button with bakers twine.  I adhered this to the clip of the clipboard.  At the bottom I used the WISH letters from the Tim Holtz Typography Christmas pack, more evergreen garland, a Tim Holtz bell brad, and a pinecone that I bought from The Doodlebug, Inc. last year.

I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial!

I used the following Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts products in my project:

Christmas Shape Set
Windows 4 Panel
Pine Tree Shape Set
Miniature Clipboards

Have a great crafty week.

Leigh Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment