Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Settle Your Dust

Hello crafty friends!  It's Susan on today, with a quote from an ancient Chinese philosopher.  I can't remember what I was searching for when I found this, but it stopped me in my tracks and, well, allowed me to settle my dust.


I've fallen in love with the House Ornament Kits, and have a few extra House Ornament Bases hanging around.  Turns out, the base works well as a "canvas".

First things first, I glued the top and sides and allowed to dry.  I laid out some of the elements I wanted, as well as the Lao Tzu quote. I drew a rough circle around the text area to keep it clear of dimensional elements.




I used a stencil and Golden gel for the raised areas.


Covered with white gesso, then started building the design.


Henna Doodles 1 made a great flourish on the left, with a bit of leaf at the bottom and some of the extra parts on the right side. I adhered all the elements the same Golden regular gel.




Cover everything with gesso, especially the nooks and crannies.


To start the color layering, I used an old Tattered Angels mist, and then loads of acrylic paints as needed.



Before adhering the printed quote I set out the words one last time (notice I reprinted in a different font).



Thanks for your visit today!

Cheers,
Susan

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Used
House Ornaments Base #D172 HB
Henna Doodles 1 #C5J

Other Supplies Used
Golden Regular Gel
Prima flower stencil
White gesso
Metallic paints
Scrap Lace
Metal flowers, leaves, butterfly
Resin keyhole

No comments:

Post a Comment