Sunday, August 12, 2018

Chase your dream card


Hi and welcome to our blog on this beautiful Sunday in August... wow... can you believe the summer is flying by so fast?  I am having lots of fun this summer and getting lots done around my house but thankfully at night when it gets cool we always have time for a ride or walking in the park.  

So today my share is inspired by this really cute laser cut called " Antique Bike Set  ".   I wanted to make it really vintage looking so I picked some striped paper from a 6x6 Bo Bunny pad I had and then did simple layers to create my 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch card.  For the bike I used Versamark to ink up the front layer of my bike and then used these really fun Metal melts embossing flakes I had to cover the bike.  I use a pretty copper color to go with the blues and I love how the metal flakes look so weathered.  This bike set also comes with a layer for the large bike wheel so I used the paper that I stamped on for the sentiment and then glued it under the large bike wheel.  All of this I propped up with a thin layer of foam to make it stand out more on my card.   


And lastly for the sentiment I used a cute Penny Black stamp and used a dark navy ink to match the papers with.  The die cut is from Becca Feeken and it really looks cute.  Not that it would be easy to chase anyone riding this kind of bike :)  But it sure is cute!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and enjoy your Sunday...

Hugs and Smiles,  Teresa


No comments:

Post a Comment