Monday, August 13, 2018

Angel statue layout by Lynne

Hi friends! As you may recall, my son is going to grad school in China, and he recently sent me a bunch more photos; this one was taken at Tsinghua university in Beijing, where he went for  his Chinese language course (he is presently in Shanghai studying Chinese Economics) I thought this angel statue was so exotically beautiful:


The subtly patterned white paper was stencilled with texture paste and misted, then I tried out the terrific new foam stamps from Gypsy Soul Lasercuts! Now, I am soooo NOT a stamper, but these are easy to use and made a clear, crisp image. I love the look of background stamping on mixed media projects, and I'm looking forward to trying the other ones. This is a closeup of the crackle finish stamp used with teal ink.


I used dark green ink with this stamp to coordinate with the leaves I added to my page; again it's crisp and clear and I managed to use it several times without smearing anything!



I used this damask embossing folder on the Botanical Journaling Blocks to add a little texture.


I primed the pieces with white gesso, then used the Tattered Angels Naturally Aged Kit in Turquoise to finish them. The colours are a little more subtle over the gesso than they would be over a deeper colour or an unfinished surface, but I wanted the colour to coordinate fairly  closely with the colour of the statue in the photo. The kit consists of four bottles of either mist or glaze that are layered over each other while still wet to create a blended look.


I decided to rub a little teal ink over the cutout parts to make them stand out a little more and complement the stamping and misting on the background paper. I cut the smaller piece in half and attached the two halves in different spots



The corrugated part of the title piece was painted yellow, then lightly edged in teal ink. The word piece was painted white, then brushed with white glue and coated with the same type of glitter that is on the flowers.


12 x 12 layouts are still my first papercrafting love, and Gypsy Soul Lasercuts add so much interest and dimension to scrapbook pages! I love the great variety of pieces available and that there are so many different ways to finish them. I hope you enjoyed my page, and I wish you a terrific week!
~Lynne~

GYPSY SOUL ITEMS USED

Botanical Journaling Blocks
Word Stackers 2
Foam Stamps-coming soon

OTHER ITEMS USED

Tatered Angels Naturally Aged Kit-Turquoise
Darice embossing folder
white gesso
Tattered Angels mists
Versacolor and Plaid inks
random flowers from my stash
Petaloo leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment