Sunday, July 29, 2018

Paper Zeppelin Tutorial

I'm not going to sugar coat it, there are things about this project that are a pain in the rump... but the end result is super duper cool. I mean, who doesn't need flying zeppelin boat sky vessel?


I came up with this project a fair long while ago after watching Stardust a million times. Sky pirates? Heck yeah! How could I resist the inspiration?


I've updated the project by adding some chipboard elements from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts. They add amazing detailing without adding bulk or weight. 


I've used pieces from the Gears Shape Set along with Propellers, painting these elements a sort of coppery gold for a metallic effect.


But it's the addition of the chipboard Hinges that I think really add something to my sky vessel. They help to give the impression that this zeppelin is way more ornate with their addition.


Finally, I've added some bits from the Keys & Plates Shape Set.



I'm sure my sky pirates feel rather posh with all those additional bits and bobs!


If you'd like to try making your own paper zeppelin, I've created a video walk through HERE. I highly recommend doing a dry run of the balloon and boat elements before cutting into your 'good paper'. There IS a learning curve to fitting the bits together and this is NOT a beginner project.


But! If you're feeling adventurous and looking to make something really nifty, here are all the supplies you'll need:


Balloon and Boat Template (see below)
12" scrapbook paper
(I've used papers from Graphic 45's Master Detective Colletion for the sample)
Brass Brads
Thin doweling or wooden skewars
Acrylic Paint
Ribbon
White glue
Hot glue



No comments:

Post a Comment