Saturday, July 28, 2018

Make your laundry room more fun with these retro signs by Betsy Skagen


Two of my favorite things in the world are mid-century graphics and snarky humor. I recently combined them to make one of my least favorite things in this world--doing laundry--a little more fun.

These retro laundry signs are sure to brighten both my laundry room and my spirits when I tackle my family's Mount Maytag of laundry.




Tutorial on how to make retro laundry signs

Begin by creating gel prints on white cardstock to use as your background.
Next cover the Retro Frame Set with gesso. Dry with heat gun and then paint each of the frames. I chose to make my frames metallic silver and teal.
Dry with heat gun and then cover the frames with embossing ink and clear embossing powder. Activate the embossing powder with a heat gun.
. Cut your background paper to fit each of the frames.
 Cut out images from Vintage Laundry #1 and personalize with messages.
 Adhere the images to your pre-cut background paper.

Glue the frames onto your images. Then adhere the images to white corrugated cardstock. Complete the signs by gluing the corrugated paper onto black cardstock. 

Great Stuff

White corrugated cardstock
White cardstock
Black cardstock
Acrylic paint
Embossing ink
Clear embossing powder
Black pen

No comments:

Post a Comment