Friday, July 27, 2018

Lovebirds and wishes

I decided to do something a little different today, using the Lovebirds on Branch piece from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts, along with the Flourished Frame- Connie piece.  I started with a patternd paper background. Next I coated the frame in gesso, and then added a layer of glitter mix over the top. I adhered this to the card base using foam dots.




For the birds, I wanted to create some contrast, so I kept them matt, and used ink and sponges to colour them. This really makes them stand out against the frame which is super glittery by comparison. I think that the contrast of the muted colours against the really bold background really allows the birds to draw the eye, even though they are the simplest part of the card.


To finish off, I added a pre-made sentiment tag, and some small flowers on the bottom corner to offset the large birds on the opposite corner.


Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment