Tuesday, July 10, 2018

'His Collection' Shadow Box

Hello crafty friends!  Today on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts blog I have a masculine-themed shadow box to share with you!  I used the 3 Story House and packed it to the rafters with bits and pieces.


Since I suspected the items would be heavy, I glued the pieces together and reinforced all the joints with linen hinging tape.



I gesso'd the box with black, then decided to use paper anyway.


I don't have in-progress photos of the papering, but there wasn't anything unique about it.  I measured, adhered with Mod Podge, and allowed to dry. I sanded the edges and used watered-down black acrylic paint to dirty up the edges and sides.

I finished the interior edges with black Dresden trim.

The items are attached with E-6000 or other heavy duty glue.


Thanks for your visit today!  I hope we give you a lot of inspiration here on the blog!


Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Used
3 Story House #SB040214001

Other Supplies Used
Tim Holtz paper
Black Dresden trim
Mod Podge
Black acrylic paint
Ranger Matte Varnish
E-6000

No comments:

Post a Comment