Friday, May 11, 2018

One of a kind card

This week I have created a sweet new card with a Flourished Frame piece taking centre stage. The card combines the frame with a pretty delicate butterfly and a non conventional sentiment.


I started out with some layers of pretty background paper with distressed edges to create dimension between the layers. Next I took my Flourished Frame- Andi and coated it in white gesso. I then applied liquid glue and sprinkled super fine glitter all over.


 The next step was my butterfly. I covered it in gesso, then used an alcohol marker to color it. I adhered it to the frame by the body only as I wanted to lift the wings up nice and high. I adhered a tied ribbon bow under one side, then flowers over the top.


I repeated the flowers on the other side as well. I also tucked in some wispy bits of gauze to soften the look of the card. I wanted to create contrast on the card, so I adhered the sentiment on the opposite side of the card to the cluster, but keep it really simple in comparison to the busy cluster. I used the same color marker to ink the sentiment, but didn't gesso it first, so it was the same color but a darker shade.

I applied some paint dots around the inside edge of the frame, to help direct the viewers eye back towards the cluster.


Supplies used: 
Word Sentiments

No comments:

Post a Comment