Monday, May 14, 2018

Nature's Sketchbook Folio

hi! Lynne here with a project I especially enjoyed creating-as soon as I saw the Folio & Mini Book I knew it would be so much fun to put together! I went to a big event called Scrapfest a few hours away from home and scooped up this wonderful Graphic 45 paper, which turned out to be perfect for the folio (which I plan to use for photos from daytrips taken this summer!)


Usually they are made to open like a book, but I decided to have mine open vertically, so when closed it would look like an envelope; on the back I placed a sentiment where the address would go, and added a pretty stamp sticker I had from another paper set.


The one end of the folio folds on the scored lines to become a pocket; attach this with a sturdy adhesive.

↖ This piece folds up and the side tabs are adhered to the lower section.

If you've read many of my other posts, I've mentioned that I don;t like to measure and usually trace around things, but I did do some measuring here; after cutting base pieces and attaching them to the outer sections, I measured pieces 1/2" smaller both ways to create a 1/4" border. I also did this on the covers of the mini books (I decided to make 2 with fold-out pages)



I added chipboard corners to each cover; they were painted with gold acrylic paint, then heat embossed with Ranger Distress embossing powder and rubbed with Art Alchemy Metallique wax.



I used the same finish on the stacked label, and attached an egg I cut out from the paper; it needed a little trimming but fit almost perfectly! It reminded me a bit of a piece of turquoise.



I used the belly band to hold the second album; tuck the folded ends under your cover paper and use a strong adhesive.

The insides of the albums are made to fit smaller photos (3" x 4") but of course you can use any size you prefer. I made a waterfall album by cutting 4-1/4" squares, then scoring 2 fold lines at half-inch intervals. When you attach them to each other, starting at the bottom, attach the lower line of the new piece to the upper line of the lower one....this is a sample I tried, as I had never made one before. I used a tape runner, which would be run above the first score line, then the next page would be adhered by placing the area between the score lines onto the tape. When you reach your final page, fold the remaining strip in the opposite direction to cover the open edge.


The finished waterfall album:





On the other page of this album, I used leftover paper to make fold-out pages which will hold 6 photos each.


 In the other album, I made a variation on a waterfall album with staggered pages, which were attached by using folded paper strips as "hinges"




















I love that this folio album could be finished so many different ways, for specific themes like a new baby, Christmas, a school year, graduation, vacation etc etc etc. We'd love to see what YOU do with yours! Post your finished project in the Gypsy Soul Craft Group on Facebook!! have a wonderful and creative week! xoxo

GYPSY SOUL ITEMS USED

Stackable Labels Shape Set

OTHER ITEMS USED

Graphic 45 Nature's Sketchbook papers
Various G45 paper scraps
Ranger Distress Embossing Powder-Vintage Photo
Art Alchemy Metallique Wax-Aged Brass


No comments:

Post a Comment