Monday, April 23, 2018

Mini-books on bookcase

Hey crafters! Once again I'm lured by the wondrous appeal of storage and organization, this time using the ATC Bookcase and Faux Book Boxes...


The bookcase went together so easily; I used white glue to assemble it after covering the pieces with the patterned paper I chose. I sanded and inked the edges before assembling, then rubbed the ink over each joint afterwards so the edges blended together.

There were plenty of pretty images in the paper collection to fussy cut and use to decorate my project
 .


I added a mushroom, bird, and some moss to the top, which I thought suited the garden/nature theme of the papers.


I chose the striped paper for the edges of the faux book boxes to mimic the look of pages; when assembling them, I simply used strips of paper to create "hinges" then covered over them, leaving a                                                      slight gap so the hinge could move.




More images from the papers completed the boxes; I wanted to keep the embellishments to a minimum so that they would fit flat against each other on the bookcase.


I had some lovely 7 Gypsies paper with a row of books, and they were pretty much the perfect width to use on these book boxes for a touch of authenticity-I love how they make the books look almost real!! (although tiny!)

The book boxes are ATC sized, but I'm not sure yet what I will keep in them....heaven knows there are lots of options in this overflowing craft room of mine! Thanks so much for stopping by, and I wish you a wonderful week!

GYPSY SOUL ITEMS USED


OTHER ITEMS USED

BoBunny Garden Journal papers
7 Gypsies Gypsy Moments paper-Under the Cover
Colorbox Ink
mushroom bird from dollar store
leaf border punch

No comments:

Post a Comment