Monday, April 2, 2018

Hip, hip, hooray for birthdays!

Hi Everyone,
Jess here today with a crown fit for a rusty queen.


I don't want to admit it, but I have a rather big birthday coming up.  I thought maybe having a crown would ease the pain a bit.  I'm not a frilly girl.  I'm a grungy girl and my crown needs to fit me. 

I started by covering my crown with tons of vintage paper.  I used old dictionary pages, sheet music, catalog pages, shorthand practice sheets, and more.  I used collage medium to adhere it to the crown and once it was dry I cut it down.   
I then added lots of Distress Stains and Inks in blues, greens, and browns.  Once the base colors were down I went back with Distress crayons to highlight edges.  

To make the fancy front piece I used  Baked Texture embossing powders.  I glued on the front piece and let it sit overnight. 
I had this cool old door plate that I adhered to the crown using brads.  
I added an old bingo number to the center of the door plate. 
I added metal flowers, with a bingo marker I colored using Distress Oxides and Baked Texture powders, to each side of the crown.
The inside of the crown is lined with graph paper.  You can see here I attached the band using tiny staples.  
This is the back of the band.  
This was really simple to make and you could really use this crown in so many ways.  I hope you enjoyed my grungy take! 




2 comments:

  1. Perfection! Love this crown so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday up n coming , love the crown classy grungy rustic goodness.
    Hugz n Smilz to ya.

    ReplyDelete