I don't want to admit it, but I have a rather big birthday coming up. I thought maybe having a crown would ease the pain a bit. I'm not a frilly girl. I'm a grungy girl and my crown needs to fit me.
I started by covering my crown with tons of vintage paper. I used old dictionary pages, sheet music, catalog pages, shorthand practice sheets, and more. I used collage medium to adhere it to the crown and once it was dry I cut it down.
I then added lots of Distress Stains and Inks in blues, greens, and browns. Once the base colors were down I went back with Distress crayons to highlight edges.
To make the fancy front piece I used Baked Texture embossing powders. I glued on the front piece and let it sit overnight.
I had this cool old door plate that I adhered to the crown using brads.
I added an old bingo number to the center of the door plate.
I added metal flowers, with a bingo marker I colored using Distress Oxides and Baked Texture powders, to each side of the crown.
The inside of the crown is lined with graph paper. You can see here I attached the band using tiny staples.
This is the back of the band.
This was really simple to make and you could really use this crown in so many ways. I hope you enjoyed my grungy take!