Saturday, April 7, 2018

Circus Themed Craft Organizer

Hello everyone, happy Saturday! I want to share a fun circus themed organizer I just finished using the GSLRotating Hobby Organizer. The finished size is a generous 13 by 10.5 by 9 inches. I can't wait to start using it in my craft room! Let me walk you through the assembly.
I found all of the drawer pieces and set them aside. There are four drawers total, two for each side of the organizer.
I located the four largest pieces, the largest being the base of the organizer. I glued the two 10 x 9.75 and the 8.75 x 6.25 inch pieces together then into the base piece using tacky glue.
 The drawer spaces look like this. They have a front (flat) and back (notched) side.
When they are glued into place, they make the slots for the drawers.
There are two pieces that measure 6 inches and have both a flat top and bottom. These get glued into place to enclose the top of the organizer, leaving you with two storage spaces up there.
 The side pockets are glued in place next.
 Next, glue the four drawers together and take a minute to admire your accomplishment!
The papers I used were from both the Graphic 45 Le Cirque and Mother Goose collections and the Bo Bunny Carnival collection. They were super easy to cut to measure as the organizer is made from a series of rectangles. I inked the edges of the paper with vintage photo Distress Ink to soften the look.
I knew I wanted to have fun knobs for the drawers and decided to make my own. Using a utility knife, I cut some miniature plastic animals in half then drilled a hole to insert a screw. I used a small piece of wood with a hole drilled in it to function as a washer.
Here's a photo of an installed knob, looking down into a drawer.  I considered using four different animal fronts for the knobs but decided it would be more fun to have the front end of an animal on one side and the back end directly opposite on the other.
The lazy susan hardware is included with the organizer and was easy to attach to the bottom with Crazy Glue.
T0 finish off the circus theme, I glued some fun animal figures from BoBunny's Carnival Noteworthy collection.

 Thanks for stopping by!

 
Gypsy Soul Laser Items Used

Other Items Used
Graphic 45 paper -Le Cirque & Mother Goose
BoBunny paper - Carnival & Carnival Noteworthy animal cutouts
Tacky glue
Super glue
Plastic circus animals
Screws & woodscraps
Distress Ink









No comments:

Post a Comment