Friday, January 19, 2018

Valentine Doll House

Hello and happy Friday!! It's Jennalee here today. I love Valentine's crafting, the pink and red make my heart happy. This project doesn't have any pink in it but the bold red and black were fun to experiment with.



I started with the Mini House Shadow Box 3. I thought it would be fun to make a "doll house" and have the house be the doll's body and contain a heart full of love.


I started by painting all pieces of the Mini House Shadow Box 3 with black gesso. 


I then cut a template out for the main wall of the shadow box. I cut out a piece of white cardstock slightly larger than my template. Using a black sharpie and a messy cursive strip I wrote out 'I Love You' repeatedly across the paper. I also did this for strips to cover the outer roof of the shadow box. It was a nice meditative exercise to write out such sweet words. 


I then cut strips of black and white polka dot scrapbook paper to cover the rest of the shadow box walls. I ran all the pieces thru my Xyron. It makes for super easy application. 



To finish off the inside of the house I heat embossed the floor with a red glitter embossing powder before assembling the Mini House Shadow Box 3. Using foam dots I attached a red glitter heart in the middle of the shadow box. I stamped and colored a paper doll and attached to the back of the house. I will admit this project took on a life of its own as I went, but sometimes the process of making is the more fun than the end result. 

I hope you all find some creative time this weekend!! Happy Creating ~Jennalee



GSLCuts item used:
Mini house shadow box 3

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss seeing this one? I adore this Jennalee, what a creative use with the Character constructions doll! This is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete