Thursday, January 4, 2018

A Winter's Card (with a little help from my friends) . . .


Hi Everyone. It's the beginning of the new year and each year I decide to hand make birthday cards for my friends. This usually lasts until about the February birthdays before I fall off the wagon. (Insert eye roll here.)

In an effort to keep my resolution past February, I've created this card for one of my gal pals.

I found this image on Pinterest and worked with papers using the same colors. Then turned to Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts to enhance the image.

Using the Lace Frame, I painted the chip with Prima's Opal Magic Green/Gold. This acrylic paint is perfect for chipboard. It dries quickly and, depending on the light and the color of the chipboard, looks either green or gold.


After adhering the papers and popping up the frame on the front of the card, I wanted to add the word Friends. This is from the collection Words & Phrases I. It has great words for both cards and scrapbooking.

But . . . I wanted to pop up the word. I couldn't cut Crafty Foam Tape small enough so I turned to my Team Mates for advice.

  • Gina (owner/designer of Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts) said she uses flat toothpicks underneath the skinny parts of a word or design.
  • Ginny Nemchak suggested putting it on a piece of acetate, popping it up under the acetate and then add embellishments to cover the pop ups.
I decided to use a trick Lori Mahaffey suggested. She takes small beads and glues them to the back of the skinny parts. Genius! I've never seen this done before. I tried it and it worked perfectly.

Can you see the little beads?

Before adhering the word, I covered it with light blue glitter. I added a butterfly from the Butterflies & Dragonflies Collection as well as a bead and a TH Memo Pin, flowers and ribbons, I called this card *finished*.

Until the next day when I decided to add pearls to the Lace Frame.



Thanks for visiting the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts blog today. Hope this gives you some ideas of ways to use GSLCuts.

See you in a few weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment