Saturday, January 20, 2018

A Tiny Glitter Village

Hi everyone! Are you tired of winter yet? I know I'm looking forward to the daffodils peeking through the snow but that won't be happening for a while. In the meantime, I enjoy having a few winter decorations up for a month or two. We don't have a mantle at our house so I've never really had a place to set up a glitter village but I adore them so decided to make one in miniature using the GSL Tiny Plant Table
This one is so simple to put together, just 5 pieces!
I decided the stand should be white to enhance the snowy scene so gave  each piece a few coats of white acrylic paint on both sides then assembled the piece using tacky glue. 

Using an X-Acto knife I cut tiny house shapes from polymer clay and used a square match to indent windows and doors before baking them off.

I also rolled out some cone tree shapes and dug out my stash of nail art supplies, aka polymer cane flower slices, to give the houses a bit of decoration.  You can find these in nail supply stores and on Amazon. 

After baking, I applied a thin coat of tacky glue on each piece then tossed them into a container of superfine glitter to get them nice and sparkly. When the glue was dry, I added a bit of chunkier crystal glitter onto the rooftops for some sparkly snow.
They were then glued onto the top of my assembled table to form a tiny village.


I wanted to make sure not to get glitter on the sides of the table so I used painter's tape as a barrier before coating the village floor with a thick coating of tacky glue. Then came the fun part.... dumping a LOT of crystal glitter to make a thick blanket of snow!

To finish the look, I used some of the GSL Snowflake Shape Set Minis as a decoration. I got white acrylic paint into the little crevasses using a soft bristled brush.

When the paint was dry, I applied a thin coat of white glue and tossed them into the same superfine glitter to give them some sparkle.
I glued them onto the front of the winter scene and finished it off with a bit of blue bling. 
Once it's fully dry, tap off the excess glitter and enjoy your winter wonderland!



Gypsy Soul Laser Items Used
Tiny Plant Table

Other Items Used
White acrylic paint
Tacky glue
Polymer clay
Polymer clay cane slices
Superfine glitter
Crystal glitter
Rhinestone
Painter's tape


1 comment: