Friday, October 20, 2017

Sugar and Spice Phone Holder

Hi everyone!! Jennalee here today with a baking themed phone holder. Fall always brings the urge to bake. I find most of my recipes while scrolling thru Pinterest. So when it comes time to bake I usually just pull the recipe up on my phone which makes this phone holder the perfect kitchen accessory for me.



I come from a family that loves to bake so I dug into my box of old family recipes. Don't worry I made photocopies of the originals.



I started by painting all of the pieces front and back with Cracked Pistachio Distress Paint. I did two layers on the bottom side of the base. 


I made copies of all of the recipes I was considering using. Some of the recipes were lighter than I wanted. I added a little touch of vintage using instant coffee in a spray bottle. To help blend the edges of each card on the project I added a bit of Distress ink to the edges of each card. 




Once I figured out the placement of my recipe cards I adhered them to the phone holder using Distress Collage Medium and a palette knife. Make sure when adhering your paper to not cover the tabs. Once the Collage Medium dried I went back in with an exacto knife and cut out the notch holes on the base piece. 


I found a wooden die cut in my stash that says "sugar" I painted it in Abandoned Coral Distress Paint and adhered it to the phone holder. I left the edges the natural color of the piece. 


I added a strip of vintage Savers Coupons on the base. Using my finger and the same Cracked Pistachio paint from before I added some paint to edges of the piece and where seams of the cards met.  Before assembling the phone holder I used a brush and applied a layer of Distress Collage Medium to all of the surfaces to help protect the piece.



I used Beacon 3 in 1 adhesive to attach my pieces. 


I hope you enjoyed this project and that it inspires you to bake something yummy today!! I know I'm in the mood to get baking. Thanks for stopping by!! Happy Creating ~ Jennalee












1 comment:

  1. I love this idea for the Pinterest bakers and makers! Super cute.

    ReplyDelete