Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Halloween Artist Trading Blocks by Susan

Hello crafty folks!  Today I'm sharing a cute set of Halloween-themed stackable Artist Trading Blocks from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.


The artist trading block set comes in a package of three graduated sizes.  They are pre-scored and easy to bed into place.


I used clamps to hold each section together while the glue set.  You can see in some of these photos that I punched a hole in the front panel of each.  I was considering knobs or some such embellishment and wanted to have the hole available.  I didn't end up using the holes and the paper covered them nicely.


Once the sides and bottom were dry, I cut a strip of paper to wrap around.  Using a pencil and scoring tool I prepared the paper.  Scoring makes nice corners but isn't critical -- you can easily just use fingers to wrap the paper closely around the corners.


I glued one panel at a time, using the brayer to flatten the glue as much as possible under the paper.  You can also mix your glue with a tiny amount of water and brush it onto the box.

You can see I've cut out my bottom panel. I set the box on top of paper and traced around, then tweaked as needed with a paper trimmer.


The top was traced and tweaked also.  By this time I knew I wasn't going to use the front holes so I could seal the box up.  I started with the front flap, then glued the paper to the top of the box.

Once that dried I glued the front flap of each box, using a weight to hold it down while the glue set up.


The next day I decorated with Dresden trim to disguise most of the joints between different paper pieces.


This is a cute set!  I'm looking forward to making a set with Christmas paper, too.


Thanks for visiting today!

Cheers,
Susan

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Product
Artist Trading Blocks #H1M

Other Products
Fancy Pants Oct 31 paper
Dresden trim
Tinsel
Tulle
Stickles glitter glue
Rhinestone swirl - Prima
Ranger Glossy Accents
Crafter Pick Ultimate glue
Liquitex matte varnish
TH knob
Preciosa crystal beads

1 comment:

  1. I love artist trading blocks and you rocked them. I especially like the Halloween theme and top knob!

    ReplyDelete