Tuesday, September 19, 2017

The World is My Inspiration Gatefold Shrine

Hello everyone, Lora here with Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts and this month we are cross promoting with Canvas Corp with a fun 'Small Worlds' theme.
Here is my offering, inspired by the fun Architectures Parchment Rub-Ons, Live and
the images from the bits and pieces of the Mixed Media Junque Pack-Wanderlust Collection. Looking at the image of the camels and the caravan in the background of this picture, I thought of 'Out of Africa' and off I went.
I used the tags from the collection as pockets and filled them with the kind of memorabilia one gathers on a long journey. Tags and ticket stubs, bits of postcards and a picture or two.
Travel by camel or plane, however you do it, just go out and see the world! It will surprise you by how large it feels and how small it becomes when you see how much we all have in common.
I began with the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Square Shrine Gatefold.
I painted what will be the front of two smaller pieces brown and what will be the back of the center piece brown.

Then the center piece (edges only) the same brown on the other side.
I used the 7Gypsies American Vintage Collection Paper 'Across USA' as my background for the inside of all three pieces of the Gatefold.
When I cut the paper for the large center piece, I made sure to leave about a 1/8 inch of brown reveal around the edges.
I cut out the postcards from the Wish You Were Here scrapbook paper from the American Vintage Paper Collection and used one of these as the opening on the front of the Gatefold, by cutting it in half and trimming it a bit to show some of the brown paint as a reveal on the top and bottom of the front flaps.


I also used one of the postcards as a base for the rub-on of the cute boy in the biplane.
I used Copic markers to brighten up the image, trimmed the post card so it would fit inside the center at an angle, inked it up and glued it down.
So cute!
I also used the bicycle and suitcases rub-on for the front cover. I think they add a bit of whimsy and dimension.


I found the quote 'The World Is My Inspiration' on the back of the packaging for the Architectures Parchment Rub-Ons, Live! It's nice that Canvas Corp has packaging that's nice enough to craft with!

SUPPLIES:
From
Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts
Square Shrine Gatefold.

From
Canvas Corp Brands
Architectures Parchment Rub-Ons, Live
American Vintage Collection Paper 'Across USA'
American Vintage Paper Collection 'Wish You Were Here
Mixed Media Junque Pack-Wanderlust Collection

Thank you for flying by!









1 comment:

  1. What a delightful and professional looking project! I love how it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete