Monday, July 24, 2017

Domestic Goddess Tag Trio/ Gypsy Soul Lasercuts and Graphic 45

Hey there! Lynne here with the X-Large Decorative tags finished using the warm, homey Domestic Goddess collection from Graphic 45 as well as various other Gypsy Soul pieces and some bits and pieces of ribbon, metal etc. from my stash:



I started by covering each tag with patterned paper, then sanding the edges and inking them with Versacolor in Paprika. I love to fussy-cut, so I cut various images from the patterned paper and attached them, lifting some with foam tape for dimension. Most of these were inked along the edges as well, either with  Paprika or with Black Soot Distress ink.

The cameo pieces were painted black and white and the white piece was dry-embossed with a checked pattern to echo that of the paper, but I found them too stark next to the papers on the tag, so I rubbed the pieces with Prima Metallique Wax in Antique Brass until I was happy with the effect.(Love those waxes, by the way!)

The cherries were painted with acrylic paint after I used a butter knife to draw the pattern on the leaf; I then heat-embossed the cherries themselves with clear embossing powder for a fresh-picked shine!


The buttons were painted with acrylic paint, then brushed with white glue and flocked with coordinating colours. To me it gave them the look (and feel) of cloth-covered buttons, which was in keeping with the homey theme of the papers.


I love the generous size of these tags; there's plenty of room to add a variety of embellishments ad still showcase both the papers and the chipboard pieces...at about 8" X 4", there's loads of space for "stuff"!



Thanks so much for stopping by; like the domestic goddess that I am NOT!) I shall say goodbye and do a little much-needed housework....I look forward to popping in again soon with another project featuring some terrific items by Gypsy Soul Lasercuts :)

GYPSY SOUL ITEMS USED
Chipboard Decorative Tags X Large
Sweet Summer Shapes Set (cherries)
Fashion Cameos
Button Shape Set

OTHER ITEMS USED

Graphic 45 Domestic Goddess papers
Prima Art Alchemy Metallique Wax-Aged Brass
Doodlebug Design Crushed Velvet flocking
Versacolor ink-Paprika
Ranger Distress Ink-Black Soot
Faber Castell Texture Gems-Ice Liners (dots on strawberry paper)

No comments:

Post a Comment