Sunday, June 25, 2017

Victorian Clock Decore

Hi and welcome to our Gypsy Soul Laser cut blog today... I hope that you are having a wonderful week now that summer is officially here and it's time to get out all those crafty supplies and have some fun.

Today I am sharing a pretty piece of decor thatIi made to put up in my victorian inspired craft room using a few of the "Alarm Clock" chipboard pieces as my base and lots of other goodies from the store.


My crafty room is very special to me and its the only room in my house that really shows the victorian side of me so every once in a while I find something really pretty and have to make up a new piece to put up in my room.  And this project was really fun to make and will fit in perfectly.


To make it I layered lots and lots of chipboard pieces and added this beautiful spray of flowers and ribbon.  And of course lots of glitter to make it sparkle.  Below is a quick tutorial on how I did it so please join me.


WhenIi start a project I always like to gather up lots of goodies from my stash that I think might work really good and keep them close at hand.  Not everything will work but at least the creative part of my brain can be inspired andI don't have to go searching around for much.

So... First I layered up the clock frames and the flourish and glued them together and let it dry really good before I painted it.


Then I used chalky paint in white and covered all the pieces with a good coat of paint and also did the back when it dried.  I sanded it just a little on the edges to make it more worn looking.


For the new "Swirl Medallion"  I wanted to make it stand out so I chose 2 soft colors of pink to ink it. The lighter I did on the whole medallion and the darker i shaded around the edges.   Then I sprinkled it with clear embossing powder and heat set it to make it glisten.  I glued this in the center of the clock.


Then I took adhesive and spread a good layer on the bells on the top and sprinkled them with a multi crystal glitter mix and let it dry.  To make the flower spray i scrunched up a small piece of white gauze and glue it on the left side and then I layered on the dotted ribbon that you see and lots of white foliage and flowers that I had.  I love roses and this is great because I can keep them beautiful for a long time to come.  I also added a little bit of glitter to the flower spray just because I can :)


I hope you like my new project and don't forget to stop by and see all the other projects we have to share and our Facebook page and Pinterest too.

Here is my supply list for you:

GSLC New Swirl Medallion small (coming soon)

Americana Decor chalky finish paint
Beacon 3in1 Advanced Craft Glue
Stampendous Multi crystal glitter mix, clear embossing powder
Versacolor chalk inks in pink petunia and pixie dust
Flowers
Sizzix Foliage die set
white paper, white gauze, pink dotted ribbon
scissors

Enjoy your Sunday and Happy Crafting,
Teresa



No comments:

Post a Comment