Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Sometimes You Need a Crown

Hola everyone! Lora here taking my turn in the wonderful world that is Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts
Crowns. Sometimes you just need one.
Mothers Day, Birthdays, International Wear a Crown Day.
I don't think there is such a day, but why not?
And there are some days, draggy, blah days, days of gloominess where a crown would perk you right up, give you that extra boost of confidence.
What about exam days?
Laundry Days? Dental appointments? Grocery shopping?
Mondays.
Any occasion, any reason is a good one to wear a crown. Makes you feel like you can tackle anything, like going to the zoo with an entire Kindergarten class or walking into a bio hazard area like a teenagers bedroom.
So go ahead, put the crown on....you'll be so glad you did!
 So very....pink. For some reason, this shade was singing a little 'I'm so pretty' siren song to me. MacGyver says it reminds him of a Hawaiian princess, so I'm gonna go with that.
It even looks pretty nice from the back, because you can't have too many flowers.
Here's where I started out.....
I then used the crown pieces as templates and cut my paper, glued it on the appropriate pieces and painted the fancy top layer white.
I glued the skinnier pink strip to the bottom of the fancy cut layer for extra strength and when it dried, I glued it to the large base layer. I glued the wide strip that wraps around the back of the head on ONE SIDE ONLY of the crown front. The reason being, that it is much easier to embellish on a flat surface than a curved one.
I also added a couple of brads for extra strength at the attachment point and do the same thing when I complete the circle and you can see that in the picture below.
But while the piece is flat is the time to add all of your chosen embellishments. I went a little nuts with the pearls and sparkly Stickles. It was fun!
I left little spaces at the top of the points so there was room to glue on flowers.
I piped some lime green and orange peel Stickles around the fancy cut piece and flower centers.

 Added some dot detail with Opal White Liquid Pearls to tie in with the pearl strands.....

And voila! A crown fit for a princess! Or a soccer mom, or a CEO. You get the idea......

SUPPLIES:
CROWN

Additional supplies:
Stickles in Lime green and orange peel
Various 'silk' flowers
Liquid Pearls in White Opal
White Acrylic Paint
Brads
Glue
Thank you for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment