Thursday, June 15, 2017

In case you hadn't noticed . . .

I'm obsessed with mini-books. And using Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts makes it so easy to decorate covers and pages and get as much or as little *lift* with layers as you desire.

Here's my latest:


This one is 7" wide and 4" tall and started out looking like this:


Since it isn't that big, I was able to use a small pad of paper - 6x6 or 8x8 will do. The patterns will be smaller so will fit into the size of this book. I chose a few papers, tags, etc from my stash and then started thinking about what Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts to use with them.


I chose two pieces to start: a tiny Shadowbox House and punch elements. Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts offers many designs for Shadowbox Houses. I chose to use Shadowbox Houses 2. It's only 2" wide X 2.5" tall. Perfect for a mini-book cover!

I inked the inside pieces and covered the back house piece with decorative paper. Then painted the outside of the house.



After choosing some *grass*, a picture and some Prima seed beads, the inside of the house was decorated.


Then I turned to a 1" Scalloped Punch Element. I painted the background scallop piece to match the tiny house and added a picture to the round top piece.

After decorating the cover, I felt it needed just a couple more things. I added Fern Fronds to the right side of the cover. Then I turned to one of my go-to pieces, Wildflowers. I love this piece and use it frequently as a background, cut-apart or focal point.



 I cut some of the fronds from the Wildflowers piece. After dabbing them with a bit of stain, I added them to both the left and right side cover. They're sweet and delicate and fill in the background just a bit.





Wouldn't all  of the Tiny Shadowbox Houses look cute lined up on a book cover! Hmmmm . . . stay tuned and thanks for taking a look at my latest mini-book.


Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts used:




No comments:

Post a Comment