Thursday, June 1, 2017

Hoarders (not so) anonymous . . .

What is it about numbers all lined up and ready to go? I can't resist using them in projects. These Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts chunky numbers border started my next mini-book. After seeing this border, I had to build a book around them.


Using Distress Ink and an ink blender tool, I pounced the blender tool on top of the numbers. I didn't want an even layer of ink (thus pouncing) as I wanted it to look old and worn.


To add a bit of bling, I applied Prima's Art Alchemy Metallique Wax on top of the numbers.

Next, I took the Punch Elements Postage and once again pounced Distress Ink on top of the two stackable elements: one in Vintage Photo and one in Aged Mahogany. Adhered all three layers (including the numbers) on top of each other.


Oh I do love crowns! This piece is called Royal Flourishes and was finished exactly the same way the numbers were finished: pounce ink then apply Metallique Wax on top.


And the book cover is born:


Here's a little hoarders secret: I keep scraps and divide them into color combos. Then divide those color combos into bags of related colors. So when I'm working on a project, I can pull my scraps and work from those. This entire book was decorated with scraps.


For this project, I pulled my brown bags of scraps.



Left page: I used the remainder numbers to create a pocket element and treated those with the same pouncing Distress Ink method.


Right page: Using leftover paper, I created a pocket. The pocket needed a bit of  something to stuff inside,


so this little booklet was created using two more Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts: hinges and chip clips.


Anytime I fold something, I love using these hinges.  This little book was so skinny, I cut the hinge apart, painted it with acrylic paint and applied to each side of the booklet.


Now I needed something to keep the booklet closed, so I used Chip Clips. These are so fun and come in a huge assortment of designs.



Thanks for joining me for this *hoarders special*. 
See you again soon with another



1 comment: