Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Lily of the valley card


 Hi everyone, just another simple card today with lots of Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts items. They are so easy to use and make a lovely card to give to someone special.





I began by deciding which items I wanted to use on my card and decided on a floral theme, with the lily of the valley being the prominent item.



I began by gessoing  the items to go on the card, then I used distress inks to colour them all, ( you can use any colouring medium you like really, it doesn't have to be inks, paints will do just as well, I quite often mix them).

I started with an 8 x 8" scalloped edge card blank from my stock, and covered this with a paper from my stash which I edged with brown ink. Onto this I stuck the chicken wire which I had cut diagonally, covered with gesso and some white ink, but then dabbed it spasmodically with a pale brown ink. I stuck this to the bottom right hand corner.

I then added the Lily of the Valley onto the left hand side, slightly overlapping the wire. (you will notice from this photo that the Lily of the Valley are yellow, but when I had put all the card together I decided that the yellow was too bright so I toned it down right at the end with some white distress ink)


Next came some pretty floral embellishments. I used ones by Petaloo, but again any flowers can be used, and because they looked like roses I added some rose leaves underneath.





I didn't think that the heart was enough to finish off with so I coloured up a butterfly, adding flat back gems to make it sparkle, and added that just above the flowers.




 Then to finish off I added the heart which I put self adhesive metal accents onto, and also added these to each corner of the card.



This card is really easy to make so I hope it will inspire some of you "beginners" to have a go, maybe with other items from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts, there are loads of them.

Gypsy Soul Laser Cut items used:

Chickenwire
Lily of the Valley
Rose Leaves
Butterflies and dragonflies
Heart (Valentine shape set)




No comments:

Post a Comment