Monday, April 3, 2017

Bingo was his name-o

I am not a dog person.  I have four cats.  It's not that I don't like dogs.  I just like them in other people's houses. I do really like this dog. Meet Bingo.  
This Flourished Elizabeth Frame is so gorgeous.  I started just kind of playing around and this is how my whole project started.  


I applied a thin layer of gesso to my chipboard.  
I use an ink dauber and then wash it when I am done.
Once my gesso was dry I applied a layer of Tim Holtz Mowed Lawn Distress Paint.  I love that I can dry this paint with my heat tool.  I am not a patient crafter.  I added various color of Distress Oxide Inks and Vintage Photo Distress Ink to age the frame.     



I love how the ink looks weathered.  


I glued the frame to an old bingo card and added some flowery paper to the middle of the frame.
 At this point I still wasn't really sure where I was going with this project.  I had made a bunch of tiny houses one night and they were sitting on my desk.  A lightbulb moment happened and I knew this had to be a super cute dog house.  There are several different sizes of this tiny house available on the Gypsy Soul website.


I gessoed the  house and then painted it with Weathered Wood Distress Paint. Texture paste through a stencil makes for fun patterns on the side of your house.  I added ink to the texture paste so it wasn't stark white.  


The inside of the house is lined with paper. I love that it kind of looks like old wallpaper.  You can see that I didn't glue the house together perfectly, but when I add Bingo to the center you won't even be able to tell.  

The roof is covered with moss.  I just cover the roof part with glue and smash on moss.  It's a very scientific and exact method.  

I added some little paper flowers to the roof.  
My little paper doggie fit right in the house.  Doesn't he look happy to be in there?
I just love these little houses.  They have so much potential.  





No comments:

Post a Comment