On this piece there is a neat oval frame in the center of a large back round piece. All around the base there is a cute picket fence and it was perfect to fill up with Easter grass and lots of candies.
So lets get started shall we.
1. Start by gluing all the pieces together with a strong glue like Beacon's 3 in 1 or Scotch Quick Dry.
2. Paint the back of the piece like green on the front and back at least 2 times letting the paint dry between coats.
3. Paint the fence white with Chalkboard paint (it has less water in it to warp the pieces)
4. Paint the base of the piece with black chalkboard paint. Let it all dry completely.
5. Lay the back frame piece on a large printed piece of paper and trace around it. Cut out the center oval with scissors and glue it to the front of the frame. Let dry.
6. Using a nail file sand around all the edges to make it even and smooth. Use brown chalk ink and ink around the edges of the frame like you see below.
7. Take the center oval that you cut out and cut a piece of clear acetate to put on the back of the window that is 1/2 inch larger than the circle. Let that dry too.
8. On the Doodlebug paper there is a square tag that you will cut with a circle die cut to make the one that you see above. Die cut a larger circle in white card stock and glue it on the back. Die cut a Spellbinders Lacey circle in bright pink and glue that on the back to make the medallion that goes in the center of the window on the acetate. Glue it on the acetate with strong adhesive tape.
9. Decorate your piece with flowers, ribbons and the stickers that come in the Doodlebug Easter Express collection.
10. For the front of my fence I used 3D Foam squares to glue on the little bunny train to make it stand out on the fence. You get lots of pieces with the sticker set so you can really be creative.
And that's all there is to it. Just fill the front with Easter grass and set it out to enjoy!
Here is a list of supplies that you will need:
Doodlebug Easter Express Collection
Americana Decor chalk paints in: Carbon, Refreshing and Everlasting
Versamagic Chalk ink in Gingerbread
Scotch Quick Dry Tacky glue
Spellbinders Lacey Circles and Dotted Circles
3 pink roses and ribbons to match
bright pink card stock and white card stock
scissors, paper trimmer, clear acetate, 3D foam squares, Easter grass
Thanks again for stopping by and have a wonderful and crafty day!!