Sunday, February 19, 2017

Steampunk Expedition Greeting Card by Ginny

Hey there Paper Peeps!  I've got a little steampunk inspiration coming your way inspired by some gorgeous masculine papers with hot air balloons. I pulled out some of my favorite steampunk chippies from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts and loads of mixed media supplies and beautiful flowers.





Here's a look at how I altered the chippies....
The most important thing is to select chipboard that will enhance your project.
Even if I'm going to finish the chippies with dark colors I base coat them in flat white paint.
I used a very thick coat of Iron Paste from Pentart and allowed to dry. Next I globbed on 3D Matte Gel from art basics to add a lumpy bumpy texture, then heat set to encourage the bubbling.
Using a cosmetic sponge I dabbed and smooshed on loads of alcohol inks.
I finished up the card with flowers, micro beads and twine.

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts~ Hot Air Balloons Net Style, Hanging Clock Set, Steampunk Shape Set.
Okay that's all for me. Wishing all of you a happy and productive day : ) G

No comments:

Post a Comment