Friday, February 17, 2017

St. David's Day

St. David is the Patron Saint of Wales  in the UK and it is on March 1st.
The Welsh flag is a red dragon on a green and white background, and also in the UK we have a different flower that represents each  country  that make up the United Kingdom, the flower for Wales is a Daffodil.
This is the finished product which has quite a few embellishments from Gypsy soul laser cuts.


I began by deciding what to put on the card and selected various embellishments:



These were the lovely ornate frame, which I have already gessoed, a dragon, various flowers
 from the flower stackers and I also decided half way through that I would add a label from the stackable label set.

I gessoed all the embellishments and left them to dry, so whilst they were drying I made the daffodils with the use of my Silhouette cutting machine which my daughter (Angela Drummond)had very kindly given to me.

Once the embellishments were dry I decorated the flowers with paper from my stash, the dragon I painted red and the frame I painted yellow (just because I wanted too), then the label I painted red and added letters cut with the Silhouette to read St. Davids Day. Any paint or ink can be used for this, it is really up to you as to which one you prefer.
                                                         



 I embossed some green and white Creative Expressions foundation card with one of my folders (I'm sorry but I don't know whose make it is, but any one that you have got will do)and stuck this to a piece of card again from my stash as it is only to hold the two pieces of card together.

All that was left to do was put the rest of the card together with the addition of some flat back pearls, a dark one for the dragons eye and lighter ones for the middle of the flowers and some red foundation card for a border.

Thank you for taking a look at my card and I hope that you will take a look at the web site www.gslcuts.com for a huge variety of "Goodies" to give you inspiration.




                                               
                                                                            gslcuts.com embellishments

                                                                             Elaborate frame
Dragons from the dragons shape set
Flowers from the flower stackers set
Labels from the stackable labels shape set. 
           














      

No comments:

Post a Comment