Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Rotating Hobby Organizer


Good morning everyone.  Gina here today with one of my absolute favorite storage pieces.  This is the Rotating Hobby Organizer and it is such a handy way to store items that I use frequently.


The organizer ships flat but is quite easy to assemble.  I began with a dry assemble from the center out.  Once I knew where all the pieces fit, I started gluing the organizer together using Scotch Quick Dry glue. 




For the base piece, I decided to color only the area that would show.  I used a mega sized Sharpie marker but acrylic paint or distress paint would work just as well.

Here is the assembled organizer, ready for paper.  I chose a roll of kraft and black wrapping paper from my dollar store for this one, but have used scrapbook paper in the past.



I began by covering the largest areas first, gluing down the paper and using a brayer to make sure I got all the air out.






Once papered, I used the same Sharpie marker to color the edges of the boards.  At this point I used Beacon 3 in 1 glue to attach the lazy susan hardware piece to the bottom of the organizer.

I assembled the drawers next, papered the fronts and used a wooden bead, nut and bolt to make pull knobs.


Here is the finished organizer.  It holds an incredible amount of tools and supplies and keeps them right at your fingertips.


Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Items

1 comment:

  1. Gina, this is brillant! I don't have room on my table right now for a rotating organizer but if I did I'd want to make this one!!

    ReplyDelete