Sunday, November 27, 2016

Life is a Journey Journal for 2017

Happy Sunday and welcome to the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts blog.  It's Teresa here today to share a quick project that I made with one of the laser cut back rounds and a book that I picked up at the craft store.


Every year I make up a travel book to keep the pictures of where we go that year and all the things that I pick up along the way.  It's for my tickets, brochures, pins, and pretty much anything I can find to remember all the fun that we had on that adventure.  This year I found a cute book at Micheal's that was really inexpensive so I thought I would decorate the front and the insides with some papers I had in my stash from Graphic 45 and bits of stickers that I had tucked away for a special project just like this one.  It was super easy to make and the 3D gears really gave it that extra pop that I wanted.


To make this project you will need the "Texture Sheets Gears" and colored inks to make it look more vintage.  I used browns, bronze and a bit of turquoise for mine and the Versa color inks by Tsukineko worked really well to blend all the colors on the front and make it pretty for my top layer.  I let it dry and then glued on pieces of travel stickers and cards.  The tiny cogs I glued on were even bits from my dads old typewriter so that really made it special for me.  Then I tied lots of ribbons and tags on the sides and of course 2017 numbers to start my new year.


There are lots of pages in the books so here is a quick page I started and I think I am going to add some pieces from the Gears Shape Set to match it. The pieces are really fun to do when you add ink and emboss them with metallic embossing powders.  It gives them a really pretty texture and the color combinations can be really fun to do.  

And that's it for me today but don't forget to check back again and see all the fun ideas that we have
to share on the Gypsy Soul Laser Blog each day!!  Take care and see you soon!!

Teresa

2 comments: