Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Three Sisters by Deann McNulty

Good morning, I am the Guest Designer for the month of October. I love Halloween! For my first project I used the Triptych Towers Top . I painted the chip board with black chalk paint. Once that was dry I sponged the triptych pieces with black, metallic gold and brown paints using a wet on wet sponge. I set them a side to dry.
I used paper from the TH Laboratorie paper collection. The paper was very grey, so I used Distress Ink in antique linen to warm them up.
Next, I cut the portraits into an oval shape and edged them in black soot Distress Ink.
For the hat, I used a triangle punch. I eyed the length of the hat to fit the photo and cut the rest off. I cut a strip off of the bottom of the triangle to make the brim of the hat. I distressed the pieces and shaped the hat. Added a gold sticker to make the buckle and finished it off with some gold paint rubbed on the edges of the hat.
 
I decided not to attach the pieces together. I will be placing them on three different shelves.
Have a great day and I'll see you all next week!

Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts products used:


No comments:

Post a Comment