Sunday, October 16, 2016

Silver Reindeer Blue Christmas Greeting Card by Ginny

Happy Sunday, Paper Peeps! Hope you are having a fabulous week. I'm just dropping in to share a traditionally styled Christmas card with a non-traditional color scheme.  I'm using my Gypsy Soul laser Cut chippies as the frame and focal image for this lovely wintery card and I'm just thrilled with how it turned out.

Pretty patterned papers and large dimensional flowers are the perfect accent to the altered chipboard pieces. 

Here's how I created the card....
I selected the chipboard I wanted to use by first fitting them together to make sure they all  worked to create a nice arrangement.
Using an embossing dabber and a variety of powders I was able to create lovely finishes on the chippies quickly so I could keep on working and not wait for wet paint to dry.  Silver for the Flourished Deer,  Bridal Tinsel for the Snowflake, and Weathered Wood for the Flourish Frame Evie. Of course these had to be  set with the heat tool before continuing.



I created a 6x6 card base with blue cardstock then layered on patterned papers all well inked and separated with solid borders.
With chipboard spacers I attached the center section and topped it off with a die cut doily, additional patterned paper cut into a circle and topped off with the frame.
I finished the card with Deer and accented him with the flowers, ribbon trim, sparkly branches and of course the altered snowflakes. 

Gypsy Soul Laser Cut Supplies ~ Flourished Frame Evie, Snowflake Shape Set, Flourished Deer Medium.
Patterned Papers from Graphic 45, Trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon, and Flowers from Petaloo.

Okay that's all for me. Wishing all of you a happy and productive day : ) G

No comments:

Post a Comment