1. To begin, unpack your shadow box and wipe the pieces with a damp cloth to remove the soot created during the cutting process.
3. Assemble the small treat boxes. Use strong tape or glue to assemble
6. Wrap the 5" long strip around the box, securing at the front. Glue one of the squares to the bottom of the box.
8. Place a box into each opening of the advent calendar. Trim a piece of decorative paper to 8" x 8" and attach to the center of the shadowbox. Trim a second piece of decorative paper to 8" x 8" and cut on the diagonal. Attach to the lower right corner of the center opening (shown in Step 14 below). Trim four paper strips to 1 3/8" x 8" and attach to the inside edges of the shadowbox.
9. Cut four pieces of decorative paper to 1 7/16" x 11 3/8" and attach them to the outside edges of the box.
10.Use a craft knife to separate the Faux Metal Number Plates 1-25 from the background. Attach two micro brads to each number.
11. Use foam adhesive or glue dots to attach a number embellishment to each box, 1-24. Arrange the numbered boxes in your advent calendar as desired.
12. Select the numbers element from the package of Mixed Media Fragments 1. Cover the surface of the chipboard with embossing ink. Sprinkle with gold glitter embossing powder and heat.
13. Select one of the Postage Frames and paint it with white paint. Once the paint is dry, cover the surface with glitter glue. Stamp the image onto cream paper and attach to the back of the postage frame.
14. Glue the gold numbers to the upper left of the center window. Fussy cut a Christmas image from decorative paper and attach to the lower right corner with foam tape. Add the postage frame as shown. Assemble the last box (#25) and glue to the center window, at an angle as shown.
15. Add holiday decor and embellishments to the #25 box as desired.
16. Decorate the top of the box with more holiday decor and ribbons.
Happy Christmas! Thanks for looking!
~ Gloria:Scraps of Life
Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts:
Advent Calendar Shadowbox
Advent Calendar Boxes (25)
Faux Metal Number Plates 1-25 (similar)
Mixed Media Fragments 1
Graphic 45 papers: St. Nicholas, A Christmas Carol, Twas the Night Before Christmas, The Twelve Days of Christmas, Christmas Emporium
Graphic 45 stamps: St. Nicholas 3
Other: black spray mist, ink (black, white, brown), glitter glue, ribbon, micro brads, washi tape, adhesive and glue