Thursday, September 22, 2016

Bird in Ivy Canvas

Hi everyone!  Barbara here with a mixed media canvas using none other than my favorite laser cut chipboard from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.    


I started with a 6"x8" canvas panel and adhered a section of the Chainlink to it, as shown.


Paint canvas and Chainlink with white gesso.  While I had the gesso out, I went ahead and painted the  Bird in Ivy and one of the Flourishes 2 as well.  The gesso not only seals the chipboard but also gives it a nice, white base to add your colors.


Mist background with Tuscan Sun.


Mist background with Blackberry Cordial.  If the color is too dark in spots, dab excess with a paper towel.


Mist background with Gold.


Rub iced espresso metallic lustre over chainlink, then rub patina gilder's paste randomly over chainlink.


Cover Bird with a piece of paper and mist wreath portion with English Ivy.  Repeat for the  Flourish.  Let dry.


Paint Bird with hot cinnamon, burnt umber, and golden sand H20s.   Paint ivy and flourish with golden jade and moss green H20s.  Paint wreath with burnt umber.


Adhere bird in ivy and flourish to canvas, as shown.


At this point, I decided to add a few more leaves, so I chose my favorite, Fern Fronds.  To prepare them for color, I once again painted them with white gesso.  When that dried, I colored them with golden jade H20s and let that dry.  Next, I used a damp baby wipe to pick up hot cinnamon H20s and dab it over the leaves for this mottled effect.


Adhere fern fronds to canvas, as shown.


Add beaded spray and flowers, as shown.  Lastly, add a bit of glitter glue to the flower petals for an extra bit of sparkle.



Supplies Used:


6"x8" Canvas Panel
Glimmer Mist
  Tuscan Sun
  Blackberry Cordial
  Gold
  English Ivy
ColourArte Twinkling H20s
  Hot Cinnamon
  Burnt Umber
  Rich Cocoa
  Golden Sand
  Moss Green
  Golden Jade
DecoArt Metallic Lustre Iced Espresso
Baroque Gilder's Paste Patina

I hope you enjoyed my canvas project today.  Be sure to stop by the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts blog and shop for more inspiration, and to see all the newest laser cuts coming your way.

Have a super crafty day!

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment