Thursday, August 18, 2016

"Tricks & Treats" by Nancy

This week I am steeped in colorful Halloween.


Using Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts House Oddities Box, I decorated the door frame with paints and a Tim Holtz stencil.  Then added a few chipboard words, some faux spider webs and finished it off with GSLCuts bat and spider.  A Tim Holtz key is used for the doorknob. 


Since the door of this project opens, I used a couple of hinges from the Hinges Shape Set. After painting and antiqueing to look a bit old, I glued them to the door and side of the box, keeping the center of the hinge free from any adhesive.


This house oddities box comes with seven adorable die cut *homes*. Next time, I'll show you how I decorate them to fit inside this box as a mini-book.


Looking forward to another visit with you. Thanks for taking a look at my latest project.

Nancy Wethington
http://art-from-the-heart.typepad.com


No comments:

Post a Comment