Monday, August 22, 2016

Heritage Layout by Lynne

A while back my aunt passed her collection of old family photos on to me and I've gradually been scrapping them and adding them to my heritage albums. This photo shows my great-great grandparents. He came over from Cork, Ireland during the Potato Famine in the 1850s as a young man. She was French and born in this area. 
I chose to create a heritage page this week so I could feature one of the gorgeous vintage lampposts from the Gypsy Soul store. I think they're so elegant and make a fabulous focal point to a page. This is the large Double Lamp Post. I painted it with acrylic paint then used Ranger crackle finish in Rock Candy before rubbing it with moss green and dark grey inks. The flames were created by blending alcohol inks on clear acrylics. After they were dried I cut them out and layered them using the jagged edges for a fiery look.

The whole layout was made using the Kaisercraft Rustic Harmony paper collection; the florals were perfect for fussy cutting and layering and then adding a couple of the smaller Ornate Doilies from the store just finished the flower clusters off perfectly with an added vintage touch.




 I added some stenciling with my beloved texture paste and a few random sprays and spatters of olive green mist to pull the colours together and voila...another entry in the store of my family!

Thanks ever so much for visiting and I hope you're able to find some happy creative time for yourself in the coming week!

GYPSY SOUL ITEMS USED
Ornate Doilies-returning to the store soon

OTHER ITEMS USED
Kaisercraft Rustic Harmony 12x12 collection
Ranger crackle finish and alcohol inks
Ranger Distress Inks-Antique Linen and Weathered Wood
Donna Salazar Ink-Mossy
Martha Stewart edge punch
Prima and Crafter's Workshop stencils

No comments:

Post a Comment