Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Halloween Shrine Grotto by Nancy W.

When the school season begins, I start thinking about the holidays. They're fast approaching! And the first one up is Halloween. I was inspired by Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Shrine Grotto (D179G) and Art Doll (D35D).

Art Dolls can be so much fun. Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts has them in 3 different sizes. For this project, I used the small doll and combined her with a stamp set from Catherine Moore's Character Construction. I used the Gypsy Soul Laser Cut Art Doll as my base, stamped the Character Construction on Neenah paper and painted it with Copic Markers. 


Instead of the Art Doll legs and feet, I substituted the GSL Cuts witches legs and shoes from Be Witched Shape Set. After the Art Doll was covered, I jointed her limbs with small brads so she could move about. Her headpiece is a spiderweb from Gypsy Soul's Spiders & Webs collection #D156S as are the orange glittery spider webs in each corner.


The Shrine Grotto  #D179G was covered in and out with Authentique Halloween papers before adding a black cat and spooky signage from the Spooky Shape Set #D156A.


Thanks for browsing my Halloween project. See you soon in blogland with another Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts design.
Nancy Wethington
Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Education Team

No comments:

Post a Comment