Thursday, June 23, 2016

Perfect Card and Matching Tag

Hello everyone!  Barbara here on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts blog today.  We are also partnering with Xyron this month, and I can't tell you how easy it makes adhering not only your papers, but even the laser cut chipboard manages to go through the Xyron.  How cool is that?  

Anyway, I want to share a cute greeting card and matching tag using some older paper I found in my stash and dressing it up with my laser cut chipboard.  



I always choose my chipboard first, then give it a coat of white gesso.



I chose my papers and cut them into different sizes, punched or cut edges and/or corners, and began layering the pieces onto a 5"x7" card.    Each piece of chipboard was inked and colored with a chalk ink pad in colors to match those in the papers.  You can always use other types of ink pads, or even acrylic paints.  Use whatever you have.

I made good use of my Xyron Create-A-Sticker.  As you can see in the next photo,  it takes paper quite nicely. 


  

 In the photo below, it also took the chipboard flourish just as easily.  


The chipboard was adhered to the card base, as shown.  I tied a ribbon around the bottom and cut tiny flowers from a length of lace, colored with the same pink ink, and adhered to the card, as shown.



I made a separate matching tag that could be used as a gift tag.  This was put together in similar fashion.  




And a few closeups.











Supplies Used:

Xyron Create A Sticker
5"x7" card
Print papers
Chalk ink pads
Lace

I hope you like my project and maybe are inspired to give your cards and tags, and any projects, an extra oomph with the addition of Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts chipboard.  And a special thanks to Xyron for sponsoring us this month.  

Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful week!

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment