Monday, June 13, 2016

"Home Away From Home"- Gypsy Wagon by Lynne

Hello Gypsy Soul friends! I've been looking forward to playing with this wonderful little wagon since the first day I got it and finally got brave enough  this week!


I looked at a lot of photos of gypsy wagons online for ideas and this is the one that inspired me most with its warm vintage pastels and rich details.

Did you know that popsicle sticks can be dry-embossed? Who knew?? I noticed that many of the vintage wagons had beautifully carved and painted patterns in the woodwork and created the effect of carvings with a small border embossing folder and some acrylic paint.

Most of the wagon was painted with acrylic paints and then rubbed with gold paint to soften the colours and create an antiqued effect. The lattice strips and shutters were cut with Memory Box dies and painted top coordinate with the backgrounds. The flourishes and stair rails are Gypsy Soul pieces and the furry friends are fussy cut from Graphic 45 papers.





 I had some really nice embossed felt in my stash which I painted and used for the roof; the fringe was also painted as were the wheels....by the way you can purchase packages of these awesome wheels from the Gypsy Soul store to use on anything you like!

This was such a fun project to create and it even caught my hubby's interest; he doesn't usually have a lot to say when I'm creating but he had some really good suggestions while I was working on this project.

Thanks a bunch for stopping by and I hope you get the chance to tackle a fun project like this-the sky's the limit  with decorating options!

Gypsy Soul Items Used
Gypsy Wagon
Fairy Door-Kelly (stair rails)
Victorian Corners 1

Other Items Used

Graphic 45 Raining Cats and Dogs papers

Memory Box dies
-small Madison window shutter
      -Tessatina Border

No comments:

Post a Comment