Thursday, November 5, 2015

Fall Home Decor

Hello chippie fans, and welcome back.  Barbara here, and while I enjoyed my month of October Halloween projects, I am on to Fall, so I decided to do another home decor wall hanging that can be inserted into the frame I've been using for the past several postings.  If you put your project on a sturdy piece of chipboard or mat board that fits snugly in the frame, you can simply remove one and insert another, whatever the season.  How's that for being frugal!  Check out my previous posts and you will see what I mean.







I first adhered the scrapbook paper to a piece of 12"x12" mat board.



Each chipboard piece was painted with acrylic paints in Fall colors. 



The bottom layer of the  FALL banner was painted with Rusty paint, while the top layer was first painted with black, then I spread gold crackle paint over that.  To really age the letters and bring out the cracks even more, I added a wash of black paint and dabbed the excess off with a paper towel.  These were adhered along the top right with foam tape, and berry garland added.



The black bird was painted with black, of course, and details were added to the beak and eye.



The oak leaves and acorns were painted with yellow and brown paint mixtures to give each piece shading and depth.  I stamped the sentiment onto a scrap of manila card stock with black archival ink.  I punched the corners with a ticket punch.  I wanted to match the colors in the paper, so I blended yellow and orange distress inks and edged with a brown ink.



The cider jugs were painted similarly, then given a coat of clear crackle paint.  One jug was lifted with foam tape for dimension.



I cheated a bit and googled apple barrel images and found this one, which I printed off and adhered to my apple barrel chipboard shape.  I cut a slit along the top edge so I could insert my apples, which were painted with yellow and red paint mixture.  The leaves were a mix of light and dark greens, and the stems were painted with brown.











Gina's Designs Supplies Used:



Fall Shape Set



Other Supplies Used:

12x12 Memory Box Blackbird paper

12x12 mat board

Rusty Paper Paint

Gold Crackle Paste

Acrylic Paints

Distress ink pads

Rubber Stamp

Black archival ink pad

Ticket corner punch



I hope you enjoyed my Fall project today.  It was quick and easy, and at this time of year, we really need that. 



Gina's Designs Lasercuts has a fabulous selection of Fall-themed chipboard shapes, so be sure to stop by the online shop for all of your chipboard needs!



Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful week, and Happy Fall ya'll!!!



Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment