Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Steampunk Project with Guest Designer Jackie Neal

















Hello and welcome everyone!  Jackie Neal here today and I am over the moon excited to be the September Guest Designer here at Gina's Designs!!


The first time I saw Gina's laser cuts used were on a friend's blog. Straight away I had to go check out the store and you know what? I sent my first order in that day!  Thank you Nichola Battilana for turning me on to Gina's Designs!


For my first project, I went all out with Steampunk!


When I received my pieces I knew I had to use the steampunk parts first. I love the chipboard assortment that Gina's has​ to offer; so much to choose from​!








"Fantastic Journey"



The substrate here is an upcycled jewelry box. Perfect to showcase Gina's steampunk elements!

For my gears, I coated the​m with embossing powder and then layer and layers of paint for a grungy, rusty look.​













With the Steampunk card stock doily set, I used embossing paste through a gears stencil over areas on the doilies. When dry, first I added more color to the embossed areas, ​then​ I cut and molded the doilies onto areas of the box​ using gel paste.





















Next for my Steampunk lady, I used two different sizes of the dressforms cut and fitted to make her cage dress. She also has on a corset from the Dressforms set as well as Gina's Steampunk Wings.

Behind her in the box there is more of the Steampunk doily as well as FANTASTIC from the Word Ribbon 3 Set.












 Gina's Products used:


Clock Hands Shape Set

Gears Shape Set

Dressforms & Wings Shape Set

Dressforms 2 Miniature Shape Set

Steampunk Shape Set

Cardstock Doily Set Steampunk

Word Ribbons 3



Other products used:

Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder-

Vintage Photo

Wendy Vecchi Clear Embossing Paste

Finn​abair Mica Powder-Copper

​​​Finnabair 3D Gloss Gel​​


DecoArt Media Line Paints





 I absolutely had a blast making this piece and can't wait to show you more of my creations over the next few Wednesdays so be sure to stop back!!

 Make sure to visit back to see the design teams projects daily as well as have a look over on FB for ​​

inspiration​.​

others!



Thanks so much for visiting!

Jackie

http://www.creatingwithoutcrayons-jackiepneal.com/

10 comments:

  1. My artsista this is amazing. The colors, all those gears and her dress is amazing. You are such an enabler I'm going to be looking at the store during my lunch hour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, great job Jackie! Those colours are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nichola!! Really, you are the reason I found Gina- I am a fan! ")

      Delete
  3. Wow, Jackie. Really cute project! Love all of your brightly colored gears and so forth. Usually, I think of steampunk as rusty and grungy metal. This really is a twist and it works! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Candy! I love the steampunk, but I love color as well!! hugs

      Delete
  4. An absolutely jaw-dropping creation from Jackie - love every little detail and all those bright colours ar fantastic.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your steampunk shadow box, Jackie! Love those vivid colors for a different take on the steampunk! Great job, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steampunk and color I love it! Great repurposing. Awesome Idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete