Thursday, June 11, 2015

Fairy On A Book Box


Hi everyone, Melissa here with book box for Gina's Designs. I have two other book boxes I've made, and they're very convenient for stashing ATCs, and other small things.


 


I assembled the box and glued it with glossy accents, and then put a few coats of gesso on both the inner and outer surfaces. I followed this with a thin wash of Lindys Stamp Gang. The binding area has a coat of gold liquid leaf paint.


 The top is oil on canvas, it was inspired by Deanne's "Anything Under the Rainbow". I started out with bright colors, added a lot of white, then rubbed and brushed on mica powders in different colors. 


I prepped the fairy with gesso,and painted her with watercolors. I put on a thin coat of glossy accents, then sprinkled on glitter. I repeated this, but made the glue layer thicker. I applied some silver stickles, and gold leaf paint.





Thanks for looking, and have a great weekend!










Gina's Products Used:


Book Box Medium






Other:


Canvas


Oil paints and watercolors by Winsor and Newton


Perfect Pearls


Some flowers,bling, and feathers by Kaisercraft and Prima


 Tim Holtz bird


 Graphic 45 fairy


Some Swarovski crystals


Microbeads


Glossy Accents


Twinkling H20s


Plaid Liquid Leaf Gold Paint


Lindy's Stamp Gang - Magicals Set - Powdered Paint - Victorian Bouquet, Ramblin' Rose Pink


Prisma Glitter, Ultrafine Multi


Distress Crackle Accent








4 comments:

  1. OMG, this is super beautiful, Melissa. I love the shabby chic look of this, and now I am inspired to make one of those fabulous book boxes for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete