Wednesday, May 27, 2015

View From Tintagel










Hi everyone! Melissa here with a 12 x 12 layout for
Gina's Designs.  I remember when I took
this photo I was thinking how beautiful the view was.  According to legend, this is where King Arthur
built his castle.


There are also a lot of stories about mermaids in the ocean
around Cornwall. Gina's Designs has a variety of pieces you can use in
your beachy creations. I thought the shells and mermaid fit the theme of the
page.






All the chipboard is coated with gesso. I layered modeling paste on the mermaid with a palette knife before using
my finger to give the paste a streaky look.. I wanted it to look as if streams of
water were going by. I painted her with a mix of Lindys Stamp Gang, Twinkling
H20's, and regular watercolors. I dry brushed on layers of silver, gold, and
blue Lumiere acrylic paint to pick up the texture.  Perfect Pearls were patted on top. 


The sand dollar on the upper right has on gold mica
powder mixed with a drop of water.


The rest of the items have modeling paste on them.


The sand dollar to the left of the photo is painted the
same way as the other one.










Thanks for looking, and have a great day!







Gina's Products Used:







Other:


Papers by My Mind's Eye, Prima,and Graphic 45


Luminarte Twinkling H20s


Perfect Pearls


Lindy's Stamp Gang


Winsor and Newton Watercolors


Prima Pearl Flourishes


Distress Crackle Paint


Swarovski crystals


Stampendous Embossing Powder in Jeweled Gold


Distress Glitter


Ranger Distress Embossing Powder in Linen

No comments:

Post a Comment